Chest Pain | Abdominal Pain | Head Injury | Shortness of Breath | Seizures
When it comes to emergency room visits Frisco ER has you covered , there are many different reasons that people may find themselves seeking medical attention. However, some reasons are more common than others. In this blog, we’ll take a look at the top 5 reasons for emergency room visits, along with the symptoms associated with each condition.
- Chest Pain: Chest pain is the number one reason for emergency room visits. Chest pain can be a symptom of a heart attack or other serious cardiovascular conditions. Symptoms of chest pain include a feeling of pressure or tightness in the chest, pain that radiates to the arms, back, neck or jaw, shortness of breath, dizziness, and nausea
- Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain is another common reason for ER visits. Abdominal pain can be caused by a variety of conditions, including appendicitis, gallstones, pancreatitis, or even a stomach virus. Symptoms of abdominal pain include pain in the middle or lower abdomen, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Head Injury: Head injuries can occur from falls, sports injuries, or even car accidents. Symptoms of a head injury can include headaches, dizziness, confusion, and loss of consciousness. If someone is experiencing severe or persistent symptoms after a head injury, it’s important to seek emergency medical attention.
- Shortness of Breath: Shortness of breath is a common symptom that can be caused by a range of conditions, from asthma to pneumonia to heart failure. Symptoms of shortness of breath include a feeling of tightness in the chest, wheezing, and difficulty breathing.
- Seizures: Seizures can be caused by epilepsy, brain injuries, or infections. Symptoms of seizures can include jerking movements, loss of consciousness, and confusion.
In conclusion, the Top 5 Reasons & Symptoms to visit a ER is if you or a loved one experiences any of these symptoms, it’s essential to seek emergency medical attention immediately. Remember that early intervention and treatment can be critical in improving outcomes and reducing the risk of long-term health complications.
Frisco ER is a 24/7 Emergency Room
Board Certified Physicians
Complete Lab Services
Advance Imaging Services X-RAY – CT – ULTRASOUND
Open round the clock for convenience, quick and easy access.
Located at: 12600 ROLATER RD, FRISCO, TX 75035
(Across Centennial High School)
Top 5 reasons for ER admissions are based of the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) 2016-2020 For more information please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/dhcs/ed-visits/index.htm
Image by stefamerpik on Freepik